AAUW Grosse Pointe is an active branch, one of the largest in Michigan, located in the Grosse Pointe area, bordering northeast. Detroit. Our nearly 150 members live in the Grosse Pointes, Harper Woods, and St. Clair Shores.
AAUW Mission: The Grosse Pointe (MI) Branch of AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research. All proceeds from fundraising activities help the branch accomplish these goals.
AAUW Diversity Statement: In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in the organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
AAUW Strategic Plan:
- Be recognized as the leading advocate for education and equity for all women and girls
- Be a catalyst for change that furthers our mission
- Be a model of a 21st century women’s organization
- Be a racially and culturally diverse organization
- Have a strong and growing membership and donor base to realize the mission
- Maintain a sound financial base to assure present and future effectiveness